Thursday 10 May 2012

What is it about 3rd mainland bridge?

Just yesterday a man called in to one of my favourite radio shows saying that he had to stop on third mainland bridge to stop a  young man in his early twenties from jumping into the sea.


His problem...things are tough in the country!


This caller was informed by a bike man that about 4 days ago another young man had jumped in.


The annoying part was that I then  remembered that someone else had told me how he left Benin in Edo state and travelled all the way to Lagos with the intention of jumping off the same bridge when he was severely depressed.


He actually made the journey, got to the bridge but by some divine intervention...he didn't do it.


 I just wondered to myself if it wouldn't have been more cost effective to just find some other bridge in Benin to carry out this act...just kidding o.
Any way, let's not wave it aside, get informed.


Suicide used to be said to be a white man's problem.


In the next few days I'll be talking about depression and how to handle it.

This article was first published on my  blog www.kconxepts.blogspot.com on April 15, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...